Pages

Sunday, March 22, 2015

My inspiration lately... Andrew Wyeth.


“I prefer winter and fall, when you can feel the bone structure in the landscape---the lonliness of it---the dead feeling of winter. Something waits beneath it---the whole story dosen't show.” -Andrew Wyeth

Some of my favorites:



There are so many inspiring artist, whose work just strikes me. Strikes me hard, to the point in which all I want to do is just look at their work for days, weeks and even months. I think at certain times in your life certain paintings really connect with you, and help you understand things about your self, and maybe what you even like in artwork. 
Lately, I can't get my mind of of Andrew Wyeth. He's a pretty well known guy, and I've seen his paintings around and on things since I was a kid. But just since recently have I become obsessed with looking at his paintings and reading about him. I don't mean that in a creepy way.. But they are so stunning, and beautiful, and haunting. And I can't think of what else you could possibly need, right? 
The color palette, the mood, the subject matter, the depth. Its all so beautiful. Ugh, and the contrast in his painting! Amazing!
Thanks for the inspiration Wyeth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment


Theme presented by Feeric Studios.© 2013
Back to Top